Gettin' Our Scots-Irish Up

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Nov 16 13:48:25 PST 2004

    --
On 16 Nov 2004 at 10:17, Bill Stewart wrote:
> The music that I associate with National Review is distinctly
> not country-western - it's Bach's Second Brandenburg
> Concerto, used as the theme music for Bill Buckley's program
> Firing Line.
>
> They may be putting on country-boy airs, but they're still
> elitists...

Perhaps, but it is characteristic of american conservatives to
claim to be rednecks or hillbillies - and characteristic of
american leftists to condemn their opponents as trailer park
trash, rednecks, hillbillies, and sister fuckers.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     KvBpkRgMY1EaRdittHLTuKxpXHzlpZNo6UE55J9v
     4c1dfn1oWWGKl5Zmmwoij539ww8jvi8JqwMuasWVW