China's wealthy bypass the banks

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 12 11:29:23 PST 2004

OK, Mr Donald. You clearly imagine the China of 2,500 years ago to operate
like a modern 20th century nation-state. You need to rethink this, given a
few simple facts:

1. There were no telephones during Confucious' time.
2. Several provinces of China are larger than all of Western Europe. Even a
very high-priority message could take months to propagate.
3. "Control' of China 2500 years ago was almost nonexistent. It was a
geographically, ethnically, and linguistically diverse set of
quasi-nation-states. To even imagine them to be anything like a modern
nation state indicates you are extrapolating your bizarre little
philosophical universe well beyond the breaking point. (But then again, that
wasn't too hard!)
4. Event the early Ryu-Jya (Legalists) were nothing like what you imagine
modern laws to be. In fact, their activity probably centers on creating an
established set of standardized weights (ie, for weighing food and whatnot).
"Law" in early China was NOTHING like what you imagine it to be, and was a
higly decentralized affair. Indeed, modern China is rapidly 'deteriorated'
into the same.

As for...

>Which is a commie nazi way of saying that the the Confucians
>were not a heck of a lot different from the legalists - and the
>legalists set up an early version of the standard highly
>centralized totalitarian terror state, which doubtless appears
>quite enlightened to the likes of Tyler Durden.

Again, you seem to visualize me as (-1) times yourself, or basically your
old commie self.

The point I continue to harp on (and that you fail to understand) is that,
despite how well one may argue that one sees reality 'objectively' (and
others don't), completely alternate viewpoints are possible and very often
held by others throughout the world. An action like the US in Iraq
(irregardless of what you believe the objective reality to be) is futile
precisely because it only re-inforces the world view of the locals (ie, that
the US is a giant, bullying oppressive regime that has stuck it's big dick
into the holy land and needs force to remove it).

In other words, perception is often reality, and until you (and others like
you) accept that, then we'll continue to have bloodbath after bloodbath,
initated by 'Christian' and 'Islamic' true believers alike.

-TD