China's wealthy bypass the banks

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Fri Nov 12 09:41:20 PST 2004

    --
On 12 Nov 2004 at 9:51, Tyler Durden wrote:
> As far as I'm concerned, what Kung Tze does ca 5 BCE is
> really consdolidate and codify a large and diverse body of
> practices and beliefs under a fairly unified set of ethical
> ideas. In that sense, the Legalists were merely a refocusing
> of the same general body of mores, etc...into a somewhat
> different direction. One might call it a competing school to
> Kung Tze de Jiao Xun, but I would argue only because, at that
> time, Kung Tze "authority" as it's known today was by no
> means completely established. But in a sense, the early
> legalists weren't a HECK of a lot different from Confucious.

Which is a commie nazi way of saying that the the Confucians
were not a heck of a lot different from the legalists - and the
legalists set up an early version of the standard highly
centralized totalitarian terror state, which doubtless appears
quite enlightened to the likes of Tyler Durden.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     k9Dumf7XMAhNCRDuxNd2aKQtrN2PqD2p2l3TDcjw
     4SMVqw0LGnr3oZKU5v0WQpooJ4tKHdZvNiokzj2e9