nyms being attacked by malware

privacy.at Anonymous Remailer mixmaster at remailer.privacy.at
Thu Nov 11 01:16:11 PST 2004

I've noticed a very high increase of incoming virii and malicious code of
various sorts to one of my nyms. Since the nym is not used anywhere
publically I really wonder if these are deliberate attacks to try to
compromise the machines of people using nyms to protect their identity. Is
this something that's a known strategy somehow? Obviously it could also be
that the nym was previously used by someone else online and that's partly
why it would be interesting to hear other's comments on this.