China's wealthy bypass the banks

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Nov 10 13:12:31 PST 2004

     --
Tyler Durden wrote:
 > Fascinating. And typical of the unusual Chinese seesaw that has
 > occurred throuout the aeons between hyper-strict centralized control
 > and something approaching a lite version of anarchy. There's no good
 > mapping of this into Western ideas of fascism, marxism, and
 > economics.

Maps near enough.  The Chinese concept of "legalism" is barely
distinguishable from German concepts of communism and nazism.

However Confucianism vs Daoism/Taoism is rather different from what
you would get in the west.  Confucianism is somewhat similar to what
you would get if western cultural conservatives allied themselves with
nazi/commies, in the way that the commies are prone to imagine
conservatives have supposedly allied themselves with nazis.  Taoism
somewhat similar to what you would get if anarcho capitalists allied
themselves with pagans and wiccans, in the way that conservatives are
prone to imagine that they have, though in reality the pagans and
wiccans line up with the greenies and nazis, for the most part.

This is the result of a Chinese heritage of politicide and mass
murder, whereas the west has a heritage of compromise and negotiation.
So in the west, we have ordinary people forbidden from doing banking
stuff, but a pile of loopholes in that law, and we do not have the
death penalty for unauthorized banking, whereas in China, they do have
the death penalty, and despite the death penalty, massive defiance of
the law.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      NWin7CjdJuYCUBbj9jwfYAiCHobTuUO1Bw3DLogP
      4Unpss2ukPbY+HeKKDTu441IpswCXzfXLuU2FCphs