This Memorable Day

John Kelsey kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 8 06:12:34 PST 2004

Yep.  I think to a first approximation, the US defeated Japan and the USSR defeated Germany.  My impression is that a lot of the push to do the D-Day invasion was to make sure the USSR didn't end up in possession of all of Europe at the end of the war.  (Given how things developed, this was a pretty sensible concern.)

>Peter.

--John