The Values-Vote Myth

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 7 16:07:12 PST 2004

Holy Crap! Am I on crack? I think I agree with everything here!

However...

(James Donald wrote...)
>I cannot understand why you Bush haters are so excited about this
>election when on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, Kerry promised to
>continue all Bush's policies only more effectually.

That's basically why Kerry lost. He didn't seem to challenge anything Bush
did, only the way he carried things out. That means the republicans
successfully caused any debate to happen on their terms. Kerry's willingness
to kowtow to the idea of a benevolent invasion of Iraq just made him seem
like a scumbag to me, no matter what he actually believed.

However, there are some things that Bush did that, symbolically at least, he
should have been drummed out for. The fact that he won and with large voter
turnout is more or less a vindication of his crimes. It means that Bush
won't be afraid of doing even more, and then the countless mountains of
hillbillies out there will watch his back and take the inevitable bullet or
two for him.

Well, every people deserve the government they get, and these hillbillies
are no exception. Bush will dominate them, take away their rights, make them
poor and scared, and they'll deserve every bit of it. (Where's a Tim May
rant when you need one?)

-TD