Cryptography Research Takes Aim at Content Pirates

Will Morton macavity at well.com
Fri Nov 5 06:32:08 PST 2004

R.A. Hettinga wrote:

><http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041105/sff023_1.html?printer=1>
>
>Yahoo! Finance
>

>Source: Cryptography Research, Inc.
>
>Cryptography Research VP Benjamin Jun Takes Aim at Content Pirates
>Friday November 5, 6:02 am ET
>
>Discusses Technology Trends and Responses at Upcoming RSA Conference Europe
>2004

<snip>

    Yes, we can protect you from those eeeeeeeeeeeevil commie pirates.
Our product is a "flexible solution that combines programmable security
and 'smart content' with risk management techniques such as forensic
marking and attack response capabilities."  And yes, the icon comes in
cornflower blue.

    Meanwhile, Bittorrent now takes up 35% of global bandwidth
(http://in.tech.yahoo.com/041103/137/2ho4i.html) and 4Mb DSL lines are
now available in the UK mass market
(http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/general/landing.asp) for #40 ($73) per
month with T&Cs that scream 'P2P-OK'.

    Good luck with those 'attack response capabilities'.