Your source code, for sale

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 5 10:43:35 PST 2004

>What if I block the outbound "release the money" message after I
>unbundle the images. Sure, I've already committed my money, but you
>can't get to it. In effect I've just ripped you off, because I have
>usable product and you don't have usable money.

Well, yes, but this would be a very significant step forward from the
current situation. As t-->infinity the vast majority of non-payments are
going to be for the purpose of greed. If the payment is already 'gone', then
you need a whole different set of motives for wanting to screw somebody even
if you get nothing out of it. So in other words, you have at least solved
the payment problem "to the first order", with no 3rd party. With fancier
mechanisms I would think you can solve it to 2nd order too.

-TD