Your source code, for sale

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 5 07:01:41 PST 2004

Ben Laurie made a lot of useful points. However,...

>Simultaneous release is (provably?) impossible without a trusted third
>party.

I don't think I believe this. Or at least, I don't think it's true to the
extent necessary to make the original application impossible.

Consider:

I send you money for naked photos of Geri Ryan (that Borg chick with the
ASS-KICKING hips). The money is "encapsulated"...you can its there, but you
can't get at it.

You send me encapsulated photos, perhaps with thumbnails on the outside.

I see the thumbnails and click to send the pre-release. You see the
pre-release arrive and click the release for the photos.

My photo-bundle receives the releases and opens, and then shoots off a
message that activates the pre-release on your end, giving you the cash.

Is a 3rd party necessary here? I don't see it, but then again I could be
wrong.

-TD