This Memorable Day

Nomen Nescio nobody at dizum.com
Wed Nov 3 03:50:04 PST 2004

R.A. Hettinga:

> You're gonna love this one: You can't have "terrorism" without
> state sponsors.

    Nonsense! Are you in junior high?

> We take out (by whatever means at hand...) state sponsors of
> terrorism, and, hey, presto, no terrorism. Iraq. Syria. Iran.
> Libya. Doesn't look so hard to me. Oh. That's right. Libya rolled
> over.
>
> Americans -- actually westerners in general -- may win ugly, Peter,
> but, so far, they win.

    This post gave me a big laugh. So naive. There are a few basic
forces feeding extremism and terrorism around the world and those are
inequalities and injustice anywhere. As long as the most powerful
nations of the world continues to exploit the earth's resources
without taking appropriate considerations to other nations the wrath
and dismay of people elsewhere will always persist. Not understanding
this or simply neglecting it will further add to the negative
feelings and opinions and fuel extremism.

    The only way to move towards a more friendly world is to make
people feel they are able to share the wealth and prosperity of the
world. As long as there is one single person anywhere in the world
hungering to death there is still a basis for fundamentalism and all
the problem that leads to.

    Continuing being arrogant and policing the world without
listening to the oppressed people in the middle east and elsewhere
will never ever eradicate terrorism. You may may or may not be able
to reasonable confidently hinder most terror deeds (but only after
having turned also the western civilization into police states) but
you cannot stop the oppressed man from growing the hatred i his mind.

    If you do not understand this you are not only unintelligent
IMNSHO but also part of the problem itself.

You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face
reality.
Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
 (Malcolm X)

Johnny Doelittle