This Memorable Day

John Kelsey kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
Wed Nov 3 06:53:57 PST 2004

I gather we waited to start the offensive in Fallujah(sp?) until the polls were all closed.   I'm not sure how much of this was trying to time things not to interfere with the election (the buildup has been going on for awhile, and Kerry could have squawked about this but didn't, so presumably he didn't think it was unfair for the attack to be delayed a bit), and how much was trying to bury the coverage of a pretty bloody battle with a lot of civilians dying and a lot of peoples homes destroyed, behind the whole election coverage.

>Cheers,
>RAH

--John