This Memorable Day

R.A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Tue Nov 2 07:31:59 PST 2004

At 3:32 AM +1300 11/3/04, Peter Gutmann wrote:
>Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> writes:
>>On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 08:16:41AM -0500, R. A. Hettinga wrote:
>>><http://online.wsj.com/article_print/0,,SB109936293065461940,00.html>
>>No cypherpunks content. Just local politics.
>
>And it's not even original, they've mostly just translated it into English,
>updated it a bit (e.g. League of Nations -> UN), and changed the Russian names
>and references to Middle Eastern ones.

Yup. That's Davis' point, actually. Fuck with the West, we kick your ass.

BTW, the Greeks at naval battle of Salamis were arguing, violently, the
very night before the battle. The Persian deaths numbered in the hundreds
of thousands. The Greeks died in the low hundreds.

Cheers,
RAH

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA