welcoming computer viruses

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Fri May 21 07:57:31 PDT 2004

Well, why can we use this to our advantage?

As usual, this thought emerges from Tyler Durden's punch-drunk brain, but
it's worth considering...

Imagine I'm working for a large Fortune 100 Company. Now imagine I hear
about a sasser-like worm that will install atself and spread, BUT "it has
been confirmed" that the worm will proceed to vomit spam at X for a period
of 48 hours. Depend on X (eg, the CIA, Microsoft, Re-elect George W...) I
might be more than willing to download that virus, provided I had some kind
of assurance that it wouldn't trash all my work (and if it closes down my
company for a day or two, all the better 'cause I'm way overworked).

Of course, I'll need plausible denial: "Oh, I thought that was my boss
sending me a file...").

-TD