SASSER Worm Dude

John Kelsey kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 14 13:49:26 PDT 2004

At 12:47 PM 5/11/04 +0100, Dave Howe wrote:
>I think you are thinking in terms of the American age scale - In england
>(and over most of europe although obviously it varies), 18 is old enough
>to marry without parental permission, be served in a bar, drive, and be a
>practicing homosexual.  At 16 you can have hetrosexual relationships,
>marry with parental permission, work (and pay taxes) and rent property in
>your own name (you can *own* property from 12)

Everywhere in the US, you can go to jail for criminal acts when you're
18.  It's not clear why writing a computer worm is any different in that
regard than fraud or theft.  I think that's generally true.  In some
states, much younger people have been sentenced to death.

--John Kelsey, kelsey.j at ix.netcom.com
PGP: FA48 3237 9AD5 30AC EEDD  BBC8 2A80 6948 4CAA F259