no anon conversations?

David Crookes djc at crimbles.demon.co.uk
Sat May 1 11:40:55 PDT 2004

An Metet wrote:

> What technologies currently exist for receiving a/psuedononymous message?
> With Mixmaster, sending mail, posting news, and even blog posting are
> possible, However, receiving replies securely or, better, holding a private
> conversation is difficult or impossible. Best bet seems is to encrypt and
> spam somewhere very public? Ugly, ugly. No technological method, just a few
> "trust me" remailers. Other options?

Mixminion offers a basic building block called SURBs, Single User Reply
Blocks.

http://mixminion.net/

http://mixminion.net/minion-spec.txt

There is a draft spec. for a nymserver which uses this building block
but I've seen no news of an ongoing implementation:

http://mixminion.net/nym-spec.txt

Mixminion installation still indicates that anonymity is still not
available, due to traffic levels still being too low. The mailing list
discussed current traffic levels recently:

http://archives.seul.org/mixminion/dev/Apr-2004/msg00001.html