Mercs need to wear clean underwear

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Wed Mar 31 14:19:42 PST 2004

At 1:00 PM -0800 3/31/04, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
>They need to be driving around in more heavily armored vehicles.
>All the toys in the world won't help your Toyota repel an RPG.

Ayup. New toys.

>Rather hard not to look obviously military in an APC though.

What's wrong with looking obviously military? Especially if you're getting
paid for it. :-).

>Next time the corpses won't be so roasted, perhaps, which
>makes for much better video.  Also should leave the dogtags
>(and head, limbs) on the meat.  Mmm, I love the smell of
>merc-jerky in the morning, it smells like self-determination.

Natural selection being what it is, I'm actually thinking about follow-on
generations of said merc-meat becoming recursively less toasty over time,
as an eventual more efficient replacement for state-paid force. Something
which could be fun given the right market forces.

So, what, declare all current property claims in Fallujah to be null and
void, sell claims off to the highest bidder, and whoever gets there with
the most men owns it. I mean, it worked in Texas with the Comanches and
Apaches...

Yeah, it's a fantasy, but we all have our dreams, right? :-).

Cheers,
RAH

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA