Liquid Natural Flatulence

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 12:30:09 PST 2004

Uh...this is getting tiring...as far as I'm concerned this part of the
discussion looks like semantics.

>From a pure physics standpoint, there isn't a hell of a lot of diference
between a noncrystalline solid and a liquid. One's moving faster. The
gaseous state is of course where molecules have reached an escape velocity,
overcoming the inter-molecular attraction. In the case of a noncrystalline
solid (at room temp) it probably makes sense to include transition from the
"liquid" state into gaseous as being describable by the word "sublimation".
If not, the word is probably not very useful outside of HS and pre-med
physics courses.

-TD