corporate vs. state, TD's education

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Thu Mar 25 09:16:40 PST 2004

At 10:26 AM 3/25/04 -0500, Tyler Durden wrote:
>I also think that some cypherpunks mistake the Corporate State for what
has
>been described as Crypto-Anarchy.

Get this through your head: a corporation can't initiate force against
you.
You may not like their product, practices, or price, but no one is
coercing you at gunpoint.

The state, on the other hand, is entirely based on coercion.

If you can't appreciate this, you'll be hopelessly inconsistant.

PS: you are a corporation, I am a corporation, together we could
be a corporation, with 100K others we could be too.  Doesn't
matter; all have the same rights to act, and be left alone.

>In fact, it's easy to argue that the
>current Oil Crusade in Iraq is precisely for the purpose of protecting
a set
>of dinosaur industries in the US. That's not the kind of capitalism I
think
>most Cypherpunks espouse.

The state can legitimately only use taxpayers' armies to defend citizens
in the
country, not other countries, not its perceived-by-some self-interest,
not
corporations.  All the oil colonialism is illegitimate for that reason,
as well
as illegal as Congress has not declared war.