I'd recognise that ear, anywhere

sunder sunder at sunder.net
Thu Mar 11 06:57:55 PST 2004

This is old news.

No, really, I'm not channeling Mr. May and telling you to hit the
archives...  A few years ago, this was a topic here, and the outcome was
that cypherpunks should wear their hair long so as to cover their ears.
Kinda goes with the long hair - 10 gallon hat kinda look. :)

I believe the INS requires pictures at 45 degrees for green cards, but not
passports(???), so that they can see one ear (or enough of it to use as ID)
so it's quite likely that somewhere some black budget project likely
already made leaps into this technology, and that this is possibly just
another example of a university doing stuff that the spooks have already
done 10 years ago - or whenever...