J.P. Morgan Is Facing Heat Of Patriot Act

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Thu Mar 11 09:14:39 PST 2004

At 02:27 PM 3/10/04 -0800, Steve Schear wrote:
>At 11:49 AM 3/10/2004, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
>>This is how the US intimidates such that the USG can monitor
>>all transactions.  A serious practical problem for e$ when it
>>needs to interface to atoms.
>
>not really.  it means there is a need for a more P2P approach, like
>Kawalah, where trusted individuals act as entry and exit points using
their
>own banking accounts in exchange for the lion's share of the service
>fees.

Kawalah, isn't that a terrorist tool? ;-)

If it isn't already, it will be declared one.  Unlicenced transfers over
N$
get you a discrete military tribunal, after detention incommunicado,
sans
charges, of course.  Cuba really is nice this time of year.

Moving money between people will require government-licensed
(ie 0wn3d) intermediary, much like moving handguns (or pharmaceuticals)
inside various States.

>this is not uncommon now in e-gold where secondary players offer
>such transactions.

The next time Ashcroft [1] gets a hard-on for gambling | drugs |  porn |

arabs, e-gold systems will see major hasslement ranging from frozen
or confiscated subscribers assets to the latest in Raytheon's precision
versions
of the V-2 delivered to their doorstep.  No extra charge for nighttime
delivery.

[1] Hey, at least that bastard Bennett would have been soft on gambling,

given his addiction, not that such innumeracy redeems the slow painful
death he earned.

------

 "They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we
just
give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's
worked for
over 200 years, and Hell, we're not using it anymore."
-Jay Leno