Gentlemen reading mail part II

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 06:50:20 PST 2004

"How about a pseudo random "conversation" generator appliance for the person
trying to mask their speech.  If it closely models the vocal tract, language
and language characteristics of the speaker it might be extremely difficult
to remove as background noise."

There are plenty of CDs of conversations out there. Moreover, it would be
easy to simply record a fairly banal conversation oneself was having. Then
put it on a CD player that has repeat mode.

Of course, I'm willing to believe this can still be chopped through with the
appropriate eavesdropping gear. But the point is that with about $10 bucks
of investment, you now force eavesdroppers to deploy $1000s (or more) of
gear and people. Adds a kind of reverse DC-bias to the situation, no? Now,
only the determined will be going after you, not someone merely fishing for
levers to be used against you. Now, they have to send a truck....'

-TD