Gentlemen reading mail part II

Steve Schear s.schear at comcast.net
Mon Mar 1 22:11:42 PST 2004

At 07:42 AM 3/1/2004, sunder wrote: >>Interesting. >>I guess my basic
question is, is there a subset of counter-surveillance >>actions that can
be taken that, while not ensuring secure communications, >>forces
eavesdropping parties to take 'radical' measures in order to >>obtain the
desired information? In other words, if they have to deploy a >>black-bag
operation every few weeks, then that makes the odds of them >>being
'outed' sooner rather than later much greater. It might even deter
>>survelliance except "when it really counts". >>But then again, if the
walls really have ears, then there's not much that >>can be done. Perhaps
Koffi Annan was completely aware of this but counted >>on normal
diplomatic protocol to prevent embarrasing and public >>exposures...(and
that may be all that's really needed at the UN after all...) How about a
pseudo random "conversation" generator appliance for the person trying to
mask their speech. If it closely models the vocal tract, language and
language characteristics of the speaker it might be extremely difficult
to remove as background noise. steve
system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.605 / Virus Database: 385 -
Release Date: 3/1/2004