Gentlemen reading mail part II (opsec review)

Justin justin-cypherpunks at soze.net
Mon Mar 1 13:19:53 PST 2004

Major Variola (ret) (2004-03-01 18:01Z) wrote:

> In order to avoid places with ears (and "homeless" people with
> directional mics, see _Enemy of the State_) go to a park that you
> haven't been to before.  And perform the usual CI driving maneuvres
> (see that Tomlinson book _The Big Breach_ for a description.. lets
> just say that a few sudden right turns can be useful) on the way.
>
> Or perhaps given GPS gizmos, take a bus.  Leave your cell phone at
> home,
>
> or better, send it through the mail (left on) to yourself :-)

If they know you're trying to shake them, that alerts them and
eliminates any opportunity you might have otherwise had to feed them
misinformation in the future.

Or, depending on the potential threat you represent, they might just
arrest you and put you in a dark hole since you're obviously no longer a
useful source of intel.

--
That woman deserves her revenge, and... we deserve to die.  -Budd, Kill Bill