Silicon carbide in the machine

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jun 29 01:08:48 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 05:51:42AM +0200, Thomas Shaddack wrote:

> > Yes.  But a jammer will draw a Hellfire.

A very local jammer won't. You underestimate how weak GPS signals are

	http://www.globallocate.com/resources_main.shtml

> Which is good, because once the adversary starts relying exclusively on
> GPS and lets the other monitoring systems decay, we have easier way to

GPS will be obsolete in urban environments in less than a decade. Jamming UWB
is much more difficult, since being local -- especially if the target doesn't
cooperate (you don't know the PRNG state).

And of course you can't send without revealing your position if location
services are locked into the protocol. Use onion routing, then.