For Liars and Loafers, Cellphones Offer an Alibi

Thomas Shaddack shaddack at ns.arachne.cz
Sat Jun 26 21:29:44 PDT 2004

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, J.A. Terranson wrote:

> > a mikropower jammer,
>
> Only if you are willing to forego the phone as well, in which case, just
> remove the battery pack :-)

I am assuming here that the phone has a dual receiver, one of the GPS
signal and one of the cellular service itself. As both operate on
different frequencies, it should be possible to jam one while keep the
other's service intact. As we can feed the jamming signal right into the
antenna of the receiver which we can physically access, we can use very
very small powers, which lowers the chance of the jammer to interfere with
other devices we perhaps would like to keep in operation, and makes us
less susceptible to be annoyed by the FCC goons.