For Liars and Loafers, Cellphones Offer an Alibi

Riad S. Wahby rsw at jfet.org
Sat Jun 26 22:25:22 PDT 2004

"J.A. Terranson" <measl at mfn.org> wrote:
> Interestingly, some [early] models had external antenna jacks built in to
> them.

Many still have test jacks on them.  Both my old Samsung A500 and my
current Sanyo SCP-8100 have a connector (either MC or SMA, IIRC) on the
back hidden under a rubber plug.  My guess is that with an appropriate
connector you could use, e.g., a pringles can to make your antenna much
more directional.

Triangluating on a non-isotropic antenna should be quite a bit harder...

--
Riad S. Wahby
rsw at jfet.org