For Liars and Loafers, Cellphones Offer an Alibi

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Sat Jun 26 21:56:58 PDT 2004

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> >> Eventually the cellphones will be able to tell another phone approx
> >> where they are.  Remember the 911-locator fascism?

<snip>

> Do any models let YOU decide to send your location to ANOTHER
> phone?

Mine, an Samsung I330 PDA/Phone (actually a rebranded Handspring) allows
you to selectively *disable* non-lea queries.  Based upon this, I do not
believe that the system is broadcast-based, but rather operates solely
upon a query-response model.

>  Do any models even let YOU know your OWN approx location
> (to within that 100m Fedfascist standard)?

Mine does not, but I understand that there are models now coming into the
market which do.

> I'm fully aware the pigs track you unless the battery is removed or you
> have a TEMPEST case.

Hrmmm... Cell Phone.  TEMPEST Case.

What's wrong with this picture???

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin at mfn.org

  "...justice is a duty towards those whom you love and those whom you do
  not.  And people's rights will not be harmed if the opponent speaks out
  about them."

  Osama Bin Laden