[p2p-hackers] The Fifth HOPE in NYC (fwd from vab at cryptnet.net)

Greg Newby gbnewby at pglaf.org
Fri Jun 25 01:08:58 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 10:02:40AM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from "V. Alex Brennen" <vab at cryptnet.net> -----
>
> From: "V. Alex Brennen" <vab at cryptnet.net>
> Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:24:56 -0400
> To: "Peer-to-peer development." <p2p-hackers at zgp.org>
> Subject: [p2p-hackers] The Fifth HOPE in NYC
>
> At The Fifth HOPE a talk will be given on how to break
> anonymity networks. Some commonly used p2p code such as
> Tor and the remailers will be covered.
>
> I cannot attend the conference.  Is anyone on the list going
> who could report back?  I'm interested to hear if anything
> other than what's already been widely published is covered
> in this talk.

Yes, I'm one of the 5H organizers.  We'll be audio & videotaping,
so eventually you'll be able to get the full story.  I'll try
to write something up afterwards, or email me directly.  From
the description, it's hard to tell whether this will be something
revealing, or just a review of the well-known.
  -- Greg