My name is !

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Thu Jun 24 23:01:58 PDT 2004

At 09:47 PM 6/24/2004, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
 > Subject: My name is !

I had parsed the Major's Subject line diffently,
and was expecting this to be followed by
         My name is ! My name is ! My name is ! Slim Shady
         I'm Slim Shady!  I'm the _real_ Slim Shady!
         All you other Slim Shady's are just imitatin!
         etc. etc.

and while a cop might not expect you to break out into song
when asked a straightforward question,
cops these days who aren't doing extortion are
mostly doing political theater, so why not a bit of musical theater,
at least as long as you convince the RIAA that what you're
doing is _advertising_, not plagiarism...