[IP] When police ask your name,

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Thu Jun 24 21:45:09 PDT 2004

At 05:16 AM 6/22/04 +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>----- Forwarded message from dave at farber.net -----
>The court's 5-4 decision upholds laws in at least 21 states giving
police
>the right to ask people their name and jail those who don't cooperate.

I'm out of it for a few weeks and this is what happens.

How many names can a person have?  Anyone can change
their name any number of times if not for fraudulent
purposes.  My brother changed his middle name from
something normal to Cariboo.  My dad's a lawyer so
the fees were zero.  Can I use Major Variola (ret)
as a nym since I use it?  Must I spell my last (real) name which
is hard to write as its from another language?  Can
I abbreviate?  Can I have a religious exemption
(We do not identify our religion to nonbelievers,
nor do we speak to government officials, in my
faith).  Can I use cyrillic or mandarin to write
it, a temporary bout of elective mutism?

Of course lying to a pig is illegal (but not vice
versa) but lying is subject to interpretation.

My name is yahway, ie I am.  Yours is go away,
ie fuck off.

Go for the head shot, they're wearing body armor.
Suicide by police is a noble cause, if you take one of them
out.