Linksys WRT54G (and clones)

Gabriel Rocha gabe at seul.org
Sun Jun 20 03:24:35 PDT 2004

		On Jun 20 2004, Eugen Leitl wrote:
| Anyone here using that device? With Sveasoft's firmware? Building the
| firmware yourself, or using VPNs/IPsec?

I have one here at work. Works wonders. I didn't build it myself though.
I actually paid the subscription too. The $20 seemed worthile to me. I
don't see anywhere in this thing that allows me to make it a vpn
endpoint, but I do have ipsec passthrough enabled and it works fine.

| Sveasoft's forums contain lots of info, but are difficult to access.
| If you're looking for same information we could mutually help each other by
| starting a Wiki, or using a mailing list (WRT54G at yahoogroups.com is largely
| silent on crypto matters).

I don't know what you have in mind, but I'm all for it. If this thing
becomes a vpn endpoint that helps me out some, though the 200mhz proc
might not handle as much as I'd like...