"Terror in the Skies, Again?"

ken bbrow07 at students.bbk.ac.uk
Mon Jul 26 03:52:39 PDT 2004

Tyler Durden wrote:

> Sounds to me like Al-Qaeda is just getting the most mileage they can out
> of their little PR Event a couple of years ago. They don't even need to
> blow up anything to get the most bang for their buck.
>
> Hell, in this story the biggest threat was the incompetence of the airline.

Assuming its true (*) the one security breach is the action of the
  cabin crew member who tried to reassure this woman by going on
about air marshalls.   That security breach should certainly get
them sacked, and probably interrogated by the men in cheap suits.

Or does she assume that apparently nervous middle-aged
middle-class white women can't be bombers?

(*)  (which it might be, US print journalistic standards are
higher than our British ones - if I read this in a UK paper like
the Dally Mail or the Sun I'd assume it was some rambling racist
fantasy put ion as political propaganda - on the other hand our
broadcast journalism is mostly better than yours, so there)