Texas oil refineries, a White Van, and Al Qaeda

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sat Jul 24 17:47:06 PDT 2004

Justin <justin-cypherpunks at soze.net> writes:

>HOUSTON (Reuters) - Law enforcement officials said on Monday they are looking
>for a man seen taking pictures of two refineries in Texas City, Texas.

At Usenix Security a few years back, we [a bunch of random security people,
most of whom were foreign nationals] drove around Buckley AFB taking photos of
the radomes, SCIF, etc etc.  As we were doing this, we noticed a Chinese
national doing the same thing.  We wondered what the etiquette for this was,
do we exchange business cards, offer to trade photos, etc etc?  This was
before 9/11, no-one took any notice of us at the time.

Peter.