Email tapping by ISPs, forwarder addresses, and crypto proxies

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Jul 25 07:48:55 PDT 2004

    --
On 23 Jul 2004 at 12:40, Thomas Shaddack wrote:
> Depends on whom. Often the money are the main motivation. Of
> course, your own country won't pay you as well as the other
> one, and will try to appeal to your "patriotism" like a bunch
> of cheapskates - it's better to be a contractor.

The Soviet Union was notorious for absurdly low pay, yet had no
difficulty getting lots of servants.

It cultivated a sense of identification.   The CIA would give
you a crate of money, a crate of guns, and some say a crate of
cocaine.   but the KGB would ask about your dental problems and
arrange for a free dental appointment.  If you were a key
scientist or something, rather than just some regular guy, they
would discover your sexual tastes or your tastes in art and
send around a girl or boy to suite, or some art that probably
could not be obtained by mere money, or perhaps a boy carrying
some art.  To the best of my knowledge no one EVER got any
decent sized cash payment from the Soviet Union for any act of
treason, no matter how crucial.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     TKc9QQNccF421kjpfih8YdB96RpYw17p3sjofelQ
     4yBG3NNFrBGZu5Zy/GwjHsjbhkfnJhmOU2OYDAyFn