1984 Comes To Boston

brian-slashdotnews at hyperreal.org brian-slashdotnews at hyperreal.org
Sun Jul 18 12:26:01 PDT 2004

Link: http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/07/18/1821223
Posted by: timothy, on 2004-07-18 18:47:00
Topic: 158, 83 comments

   from the panopticonjob dept.
   walmass writes "In preparation for the DNC in Boston, [1]75 cameras
   monitored by the Federal government will be operating around the
   downtown Boston location. There are also an unspecified number of
   state police cameras, and 100 cameras owned by the Metro Boston
   Transit Authority. Quote: 'And it's here to stay: Boston police say
   the 30 or so cameras installed for the convention will be used
   throughout the city once the event is over. "We own them now," said
   police Superintendent Robert Dunford. "We're certainly not going to
   put them in a closet."'"

   [2]Click Here