Email tapping by ISPs, forwarder addresses, and crypto proxies

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 18 10:17:09 PDT 2004

"I think it would be far easier if WAN protocols were plain GBit Ethernet."

WAN won't be 1GbE, but it will probably be 10GbE with SONET framing, or else
OC-192c POS (ie, PPP-encapsulated HDLC-framed MPLS). In either case, I
suspect it will be far cheaper in the long run to monitor a big fat pipe
than to try to break out a zillion lil' tiny DS1s.

-TD