New trend: dropping trou at the TSA

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Thu Jul 15 09:20:33 PDT 2004

BoingBoing calls this "The Freedom Flash"
http://www.boingboing.net/2004/07/14/man_flashes_authorit.html

----

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040714/ap_on_fe_st/airport_flasher_1

Man Exposes Self During Airport Screening

Wed Jul 14, 9:07 AM ET

	Add Strange News - AP to My Yahoo!

By The Associated Press

MINNEAPOLIS - Daryl Miller didn't make it through airport security because
he couldn't keep his pants on.

Airport police said a security screener was waving a metal-detecting wand
over Miller's pants area on Friday when Miller pulled his shorts down to
his ankles. He wasn't wearing any underwear.

Miller then said, "There, how do you like your job," thus ending the
screening, according to the police report. He was charged with indecent
exposure and released on $300 bail.

 "This person exposed themself in a public area, a clear violation of the
law, and we needed to take some action on that, otherwise everybody would
be dropping their pants," Christenson said.

 + ^ + :"I find it ironic that, on an amendment designed to protect  /|\
  \|/  :American democracy and our constitutional rights, the       /\|/\
<--*-->:Republican leadership in the House had to rig the vote and  \/|\/
  /|\  :subvert the democratic process in order to prevail"          \|/
 + v + :      -- Rep. Sanders re vote to ammend the US PATRIOT ACT.