Bumazhkas

Thomas Shaddack shaddack at ns.arachne.cz
Tue Jul 13 10:15:44 PDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Harmon Seaver wrote:

> >     Bumazhkas? I thought I was pretty familiar with most weapons of the world,
> > but not Bumazhkas. What calibre are they? I've always liked those CZ Model 52
> > pistols and Model 32 subguns in .30Mauser. Loaded hot with a teflon coated
> > bullet they should punch thru armor well.
> >
>        Whoops, that should be "Model 23", not model 32. The 23 - 26 series from
> whence the Uzi got it's basic design, IIRC.

Bumashkas belong between the highest-caliber weapons of the
bureaucracy-centered governments. You don't want to meet the adversary
armed with them. They are deadly and should be banned.

("Bumazhka" is a Russian word for "form" or "paper". The way I use it
should invoke the associations to Soviet-style bureaucracy, requiring a
stamped permission for just about everything.)