BOUNTY BEAR is Faster than Moore's law

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 8 11:49:56 PDT 2004

Um. Interesting point. Come to think of it, it might actually make a lot
more sense to be able to run those risk models offline. That way, you can
always refine them later. Better safe than sorry. Given Variola's little
factoid, even if they aren't grabbing everything now, they probably will
soon.

I'd also point out that imaging technology (eg, CCDs) are moving like a bat
out of hell, though I'm not sure of the relevance vz Cypherpunks. Riffing a
bit...with effectively inifinte storage capacity and high-density imaging
arrays, it might be possible for a database search to include parameters
such as "brown eyes"..."1mm zit pockmark on left cheek", and then a search
is run on all Metrocard terminals through all city subway's security cameras
in the world.

Anyone see Wim Wender's "The End of the World"? BOUNTY BEAR!

-TD