Final stage

Sunder sunder at sunder.net
Thu Jul 8 08:39:34 PDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Howie Goodell wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 15:26:59 -0400 (edt), Sunder <sunder at sunder.net> wrote:

> > <SCREED Deleted>
> >
> > > Laying it on just a little thick, no?
> >
> > Here we go again.  Get ready for more FUD from the LEO's, I can see Fox
> > news now.  "Cypherpunks a hotbed of crypto-anarchist scum is now being
> > used by Al Qaeda to setup new terrorist attacks..."  Expect to see a
> > sidebar about "rogue" or "evil" anonymous remailers and how they're
> > un-patriotic, etc.
> >
> > Bah, some feeb had too one too many Crappachino's with lunch today and
> > pulled a Cornholio.... :(
> >
> > A few years ago it was requests on how to make bombs, now it's this shit.
>
> The "UBL is GW" message sounded provocateurish, too.

Yup... but that's kind of standard around here.  Pull up a reasonable
quote from some super hated person and make people think.  Nothing new.  I
think there was something about gun control and making people safe
attributed to Hitler, etc. a while back.

But as I said, here we go: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=17087
Right on que too, though it doesn't mention Cypherpunks...

The Internet is the home of Terror

Servers of Mass destruction

By Nick Farrell: Thursday 08 July 2004, 07:50
THE INTERNET has become the place for terrorist training, recruitment, and
fundraising, according to a leading Israeli academic.

Speaking to the Medill News Service, Gabriel Weimann, chair of the
University of Haifa communications department claims that Terrorist groups
are exploiting the accessibility, vast audience, and anonymity of the
Internet to raise money and recruit new members.

<SNIP>