Email tapping by ISPs, forwarder addresses, and crypto proxies

Tyler Durden camera_lumina at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 7 07:28:01 PDT 2004

"If you think the cable landings in Va/Md are coincidental, you are
smoking something I've run out of.  Its all recorded.  I'm sure the
archiving and database groups in Ft. Meade will get a chuckle out of your
"the right to" idioms."

Well, I don't actually believe it's all recorded. As I've attempted to
explain previously, "they" almost certainly have risk models in place. When
several variables twinkle enough (eg, origination area, IP address, presence
of crypto...) some rule fires and then diverts a copy into the WASP'S Nest.
There's probably some kind of key word search that either diverts the copy
into storage or into the short list for an analyst to peek it.

-TD