Privacy laws and social engineering

Thomas Shaddack shaddack at ns.arachne.cz
Tue Jul 6 23:10:53 PDT 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> So, which is better, Schneier's books or Mitnick's?   I suspect
> the former, but am curious what the community opinion is?

You may like one side of the coin more than the other one, but they still
belong to the same flat, dirty, formerly shiny and now dull and mildly
corroded disc of an alloy of not so noble metals.

Sometimes you get access by telnet. Sometimes by a voice call. Hack the
mainframe. Hack the secretary. What's better? (Okay, I agree, you can't
sleep with the mainframe.)

There are many ways to the hilltop. Some travelers argue what one is
better. Others quarrel if the hilltop is more important than the pathway
or the other way. Some don't care and march forward.

I feel zen today.