Privacy laws and social engineering

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Tue Jul 6 23:43:27 PDT 2004

At 08:10 AM 7/7/04 +0200, Thomas Shaddack wrote:
>On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Major Variola (ret) wrote:
>
>> So, which is better, Schneier's books or Mitnick's?   I suspect
>> the former, but am curious what the community opinion is?
>
>You may like one side of the coin more than the other one, but they
still
>belong to the same flat, dirty, formerly shiny and now dull and mildly
>corroded disc of an alloy of not so noble metals.
>I feel zen today.

You have no idea how Zen I have felt recently.  No idea.

As BS says, you go after people, not tech, these days.

I was merely asking where I should spend my $, whether
Mitnick was worth it, as Schneier by default is.

Or what the hell, maybe my contract will become a job,
and I'll buy 'em all.

Meanwhile, watch your ass, the marketroids are full of detritus.

And if you take cyanide salts, you dont' tell anyone about it.