Tyler's Education

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Sat Jul 3 19:41:44 PDT 2004

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Major Variola (ret) wrote:

> At 07:18 PM 7/3/04 -0400, Tyler Durden wrote:
> >I dunno...as an ex-optical engineer/physicst, I'm sceptical about this
> whole
> >scary "tempest" bullcrap. Even if it can be made to work fairly
> reliably, I
> >suspect deploying it is extremely costly.

Scary or not, I can attest from first hand personal knowledge that this
type of monitoring is in active use by the US, and has been for over 4
years (although it's only been "mainstream" for ~2).

--
Yours,

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin at mfn.org

  "...justice is a duty towards those whom you love and those whom you do
  not.  And people's rights will not be harmed if the opponent speaks out
  about them."

  Osama Bin Laden