Tyler's Education

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Sat Jul 3 19:25:27 PDT 2004

At 07:18 PM 7/3/04 -0400, Tyler Durden wrote:
>I dunno...as an ex-optical engineer/physicst, I'm sceptical about this
whole
>scary "tempest" bullcrap. Even if it can be made to work fairly
reliably, I
>suspect deploying it is extremely costly.

So?   The State can print money...  And people are cheap.

And digital edges are sharp, in the Ghz even when the "clock" is in the
Mhz.
And boxes need ventilation slots.  Any questions?

Look at eg what NASA can do re: finding fireflies on the moon.
Now drop one "A".

Or replace ASA with RO.

>Hey--if they want me that bad these
>days, it would probably be cheaper just to send the van and beat
whatever
>they need out of me.

That lets you know they're listening.  Or they have to dispose of the
body,
which lets your colleages know they're onto y'all.

You really need to get up to speed on your Tradecraft, friend.