China about to begin realtime censoring SMS messages

Major Variola (ret) mv at cdc.gov
Sat Jul 3 19:19:38 PDT 2004

At 06:25 PM 7/3/04 +0200, Thomas Shaddack wrote:
>automatically send SMS messages to a list of numbers. The government
>already keeps statistics on number of messages sent at time period from
>single number, and alerts the officials when it's above the limit and
then
>the content is checked manually.

What you need then is also a "telephone tree" to do mass distributions
(randomly time-delayed) without having any one source go "over quota".

Could be phone meshed or use computer SMS I/O.

Wouldn't it be horrible if some otherwise benign, quiet worm infected
computers to implement this?  Zombies aren't just for porn & pills,
they can help spread the newz.