Avoiding US mail fraud charges while protecting your financial privacy

Steve Schear s.schear at comcast.net
Mon Jan 26 16:44:14 PST 2004

 At 11:47 AM 1/26/2004, Pete Capelli wrote:

  I thought the USPS creation act forbid any competition in this area?

    Using the US postal system can be damaging to your freedom.  I
    was thinking of re-selling pre-paid domestic, private carrier,
    envelopes as this circumvents the USPS and the associated
    discretionary federal charges (e.g., mail fraud).  Do any on the
    list think there would be interest?  Will not maintain any postal
    info after ack of receipt.  Haven't thought about price but it
    won't be a gouging.

I'm sure it does, but since few if any lightweight courier envelopes are
opened for such inspection who is to know?

steve