US Finally Kills The 2nd Ammendment

Tim May timcmay at got.net
Sun Jan 11 11:57:21 PST 2004

On Jan 11, 2004, at 11:18 AM, Steve Schear wrote:

> At 06:53 PM 1/10/2004, Steve Furlong wrote:
>> On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 19:02, J.A. Terranson wrote:
>> > What good is a Jury when the "judge" can pick and choose which
>> arguments and
>> > evidence you can provide in support of your case?
>>
>> I've occasionally handed out pamphlets on jury nullification outside
>> the
>> local county courthouse. Never been arrested for it, but I've caught a
>> raft of shit from cops. The cops were acting, presumably, under
>> direction from the judges or maybe the DA. Those guys just hate jurors
>> thinking for themselves, you know.
>
> Did you carry and present ID?
>
> steve

I don't know if he did, but of course there is no requirement in the
U.S. that citizen-units either carry or present ID. Unless they are
driving a car or operating a few selected classes of heavy machinery.

When I was surrounded by some cops who accused me of planting a bomb to
blow up Reichsminister Clinton and his family, I refuse to "show them
some ID." I also refused to let them look in my bag.

Despite their bluster, they had no grounds for their belief, no grounds
for a Terry stop search of my papers, and no grounds to arrest me. So
they neither searched my papers forcibly nor arrested me. They did,
however, order me to leave the grounds of Stanford University, almost
making me late for a talk before Margaret Rader's cyberspace law class,
scheduled long, long before the First Fascist scheduled _his_ trip to
Stanford.

--Tim May