Current Operational Nodes?

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Fri Jan 9 16:49:11 PST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Brian Minder wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:23:44PM +0000, Jim Dixon wrote:
> > On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Thoenen, Peter Mr CN Sprint SFOR wrote:
> >
> > > Cross posting on multiple nodes since none seem reliable.
> > >
> > > Now that LNE is shutting down ... are there actually any other reliable
> > > operational nodes?  Have subscribed to minder.net, algebra.com, and
> > > ds.pro-ns.net all in the last two weeks to no avail.  Some return
> > > subscribed message but never forward actual traffic (just spam).  Think
> >
> > I have had similar experience.
> >
> > > I actually got one or two operational messages from algebra but thats it.
> > >
> > > Do we want another node?
> >
> > Yes, preferably one with spam filters.
> >
> > >                          I can throw one up if wanted / needed /
> >
> > Sounds good.
> >
> > > trusted (being a contractor for 'the man' and all such bullshit jazz) or
> > > do we just want to let this list die?  Not a big fan of newsgroups.
> > >
> > > If wanted, will host offsite on a non-gov commercial server.  Personal
> > > politics aside, its an enjoyable list to lurk on :)
>
> cypherpunks at minder.net is an unfiltered node and as such receives a fair
> amount of spam.  cypherpunks-moderated at minder.net is a by-hand moderated
> node.  Some other folks here have expressed interest in using Eric's
> auto-moderating setup at a new node.

I asked Eric for a copy of the scripts intending to put up a node myself, but
my current schedule is already so crammed that I simply cant find the time to
*just doit* :-(   Reliable connections I have: multihomed box sitting on high
BW circuits, time I don't.  If someone is willing to put up a node with
Eric's filters, I'll be happy to donate the box/BW.

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson
sysadmin at mfn.org

"Unbridled nationalism, as distinguished from a sane and legitimate
patriotism, must give way to a wider loyalty, to the love of humanity as a
whole. Bah'u'llh's statement is: "The earth is but one country, and mankind
its citizens."

The Promise of World Peace
http://www.us.bahai.org/interactive/pdaFiles/pwp.htm